[Gambas-user] Code challenge

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Sep 12 12:36:06 CEST 2015

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015, Moviga Technologies wrote:

> I just had an idea :) How about setting up a weekly or monthly (or every
> other week?) Gambas code challenge? It could be coding a program to do a
> certain task, or a program that has to use certain features of Gambas,
> it could be modifying or extending the IDE in a certain way ... just to
> learn more, to share techniques and a bit of fun. We could all vote for
> best submission (except for voting on our selves). The winner will win
> just fame and congratulations :)
>
> Just a loose idea that could be worked upon.

I think that's a nice idea. A monthly schedule sounds good to me:

 - there is enough time for people to find spare time to work on the code,
 - we need new challenge ideas only once a month.

Maybe we could use the software farm with special tags for the submissions.
It also has a voting system integrated, although one person there can vote
for multiple projects including one's own. But I wouldn't consider that a
negative.

[ Also there are certain features of Gambas for which we at Gambas-Buch.de
  struggle to find good concise examples. A well-constrained challenge task
  might solve this problem for us >:-) ]

Regards,
Tobi