[Gambas-user] Code challenge

Moviga Technologies moviga at ...3488...
Sat Sep 12 12:42:38 CEST 2015

> I think that's a nice idea. A monthly schedule sounds good to me:
>
> - there is enough time for people to find spare time to work on the
> code,
> -⁠ we need new challenge ideas only once a month.

  Agreed!

> Maybe we could use the software farm with special tags for the
> submissions.
> It also has a voting system integrated, although one person there can
> vote
> for multiple projects including one's own. But I wouldn't consider that
> negative.

  That could be a viable solution!

> [ Also there are certain features of Gambas for which we at
> Gambas-Buch.de
> struggle to find good concise examples. A well-constrained challenge
> task
> might solve this problem for us >:-⁠) ]

  Yes, to me that is also a reason for the code challenge, to teach each
other how to do things.

  The challenge could even be published on the Gambas website so that
people who do not follow the mailing list can see that there is one.