[Gambas-user] Switching from 3.6.2 to 3.8.0 failed

Wed Sep 9 08:28:45 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

Here is something that happened on an older system in my office.
Currently, there is 3.6.2 running on this machine. Tried to compile
3.8.0 and found everything going smooth (except some libraries left out,
but only such I thought I wouldn't use anyway).

Then make uninstall 3.6.2 and make install 3.8.0.

Everything seemed going ok. But then, there is one program which needs
Cairo. It's running without GUI started by cron, and suddenly it said
"library gb.cairo not found".

So I tried to get back by make uninstall 3.8.0 and make install 3.6.2,
but now it claimed "library gp.net.pop3 not found". I loaded the project
into the 3.6.2 IDE and made a compile - now it's running again, and I
wondered the binary came out twice as big as the old one. Anyway... it's
running at least.

Can you make out from this story what was going wrong? If I want to use
3.8.x instead of 3.6.2, what should I take care of?

Thanks for any insight.

Rolf