[Gambas-user] Cannot start gambas3-3.7.1 after compilation

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue May 26 12:49:01 CEST 2015

Le 26/05/2015 12:36, John Frankish a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just compiled gambas3-3.7.1 from source against qt-4.8.6 and
>>> gtk-3.16.1, but when I try to start it, I get this:
>>>
>>> $ gambas3
>>> Stock.Themes_Read.698: #45: File or directory does not exist
>>> Project.Main.334
>>>
>>> I guess I'm doing something dumb, but I don't see this exact error in
>>> the wiki error glossary?
>>>
>>> I cannot use gdb with gambas3 to check the error as gdb sees it as a
>>> script
>>>
>>   The error is on a line that tries to browse the "/usr/share/icons"
>> directory. Don't you have such a directory on your system?
>>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> No, it's /usr/local/share/icons and gambas3 was compiled to /usr/local...
>
> Do I need to go through the source to look for other hard links to /usr?

I will fix the code to not crash if /usr/share/icons does not exist. But
why you should I look to /usr/local/share/icons? Is it a standard path
for storing icons? I mean: each time I look in /usr/a/b/c, I must look
in /usr/local/a/b/c too?

Anyway, yes, you can browse everywhere and tell me if you see some hard
links to /usr.

Thanks.

--
Benoît Minisini