[Gambas-user] Cannot start gambas3-3.7.1 after compilation

John Frankish john.frankish at ...3358...
Tue May 26 12:36:17 CEST 2015

> > Hi,
> >
> > I just compiled gambas3-3.7.1 from source against qt-4.8.6 and
> > gtk-3.16.1, but when I try to start it, I get this:
> >
> > $ gambas3
> > Stock.Themes_Read.698: #45: File or directory does not exist
> > Project.Main.334
> >
> > I guess I'm doing something dumb, but I don't see this exact error in
> > the wiki error glossary?
> >
> > I cannot use gdb with gambas3 to check the error as gdb sees it as a
> > script
> >
>  The error is on a line that tries to browse the "/usr/share/icons"
> directory. Don't you have such a directory on your system?

Thanks for the reply.

No, it's /usr/local/share/icons and gambas3 was compiled to /usr/local...

Do I need to go through the source to look for other hard links to /usr?

Regards
John