[Gambas-user] Issue 616 in gambas: Where do files get installed or downloaded to from software farm

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Wed Mar 25 10:41:39 CET 2015

Am Mittwoch, den 25.03.2015, 09:56 +0100 schrieb rolf:
> Hi Karl,
>
> > I don't understand that noise.
> > Did Benoît erase the "Save project as..." in the IDE menu ?
> > You remember? With CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S you can save the example to any
> > place you like...Still any problem ?
>
> I can't understand, why programs and program code is stored in a configuration
> directory (that is what a hidden files/directories is for) and hidden by
> default for the programmer who will study the code?
>
> BTW Why is the code from the software farm and the downloadable sourcecode not
> checksum protected? Not only because we all know, that the internet is one of
> the unsecured place in the world thanks NSA et al.
>
> Rolf

Salut Rolf,

no, it is not THE configuration directory, in "~/.local/share/" are a
lot of programs the user installed, it shall collect the huge number of
dot directories in "~/", which are still exists nowadays, at least on my
box.
The configuration directory is "~/.config"
Dot directories shall hide them for the user, but Programmers know about
dot directories.

The packages from sfn have a checksum, from gambas software farm I don't
know.
And I think, there is no doubt about the activities NSA, sfn is hosted
in the USA.
--
Amicalement
Charlie