[Gambas-user] Red no entry sign on Debug

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Sun Mar 8 23:52:59 CET 2015

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 19:58:56 +0000
John Rose <john.aaron.rose at ...626...> wrote:

> I compiled and saved a project OK. When I try to run it within the IDE,
> all it does is to display a red no entry sign near the bottom of the
> screen. It does not display an icon in Ubuntu's Unity Launcher let alone
> open the form: screenshot attached. AFAIK I've never seen this behaviour
> before. The first few lines of code are:
> ' Gambas class file
>
> Private aStartPositions As Integer[] = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
> Private aCams As String[] = []
> Private sPrinted As String
> ' Private sPlain As String = ""
> ' Private sCyphered As String = ""
> ' Private iLimitation As Integer
> ' Private sLimitation As String
> Private aExecParameters As String[]
> Private fResults As File
> Private sResultsPath As String
>
> Public Sub Form_Open()
>   Inc Application.Busy
>   Me.Title = "Lorenz with Chi2 Limitation: Version " & Application.Version
>   Me.Center()
>   Me.Show
>   StartPositionValueBox1.SetFocus()
> Finally
>   Application.Busy = 0
> Catch
>   Message.Warning(ERROR.Text)
>
> I don't see anything significantly different in this code from that used
> in my other projects.
>
> If people insist on my attaching a stripped down project, then I will do
> so. However, it may just be something obvious: it's always a fair amount
> of work to create stripped down projects from actual ones.
> --
>
> John

This would be indicative of something failing in the initialisation of the application.
Try expanding the traceback panel, both horizontally and vertically.
Also the error message in the bubble is probably transparent due to theme settings.
Try a diffferent desktop theme and see if you can read the error.

hth
bruce
--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>