[Gambas-user] Red no entry sign on Debug

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Sun Mar 8 20:58:56 CET 2015

I compiled and saved a project OK. When I try to run it within the IDE,
all it does is to display a red no entry sign near the bottom of the
screen. It does not display an icon in Ubuntu's Unity Launcher let alone
open the form: screenshot attached. AFAIK I've never seen this behaviour
before. The first few lines of code are:
' Gambas class file

Private aStartPositions As Integer[] = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
Private aCams As String[] = []
Private sPrinted As String
' Private sPlain As String = ""
' Private sCyphered As String = ""
' Private iLimitation As Integer
' Private sLimitation As String
Private aExecParameters As String[]
Private fResults As File
Private sResultsPath As String

Public Sub Form_Open()
  Inc Application.Busy
  Me.Title = "Lorenz with Chi2 Limitation: Version " & Application.Version
  Me.Center()
  Me.Show
  StartPositionValueBox1.SetFocus()
Finally
  Application.Busy = 0
Catch
  Message.Warning(ERROR.Text)

I don't see anything significantly different in this code from that used
in my other projects.

If people insist on my attaching a stripped down project, then I will do
so. However, it may just be something obvious: it's always a fair amount
of work to create stripped down projects from actual ones.
--

John