[Gambas-user] Red no entry sign on Debug

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Mon Mar 9 08:33:21 CET 2015

On 08/03/15 22:52, adamnt42 at ...626... wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 19:58:56 +0000
> John Rose <john.aaron.rose at ...626...> wrote:
>
>> I compiled and saved a project OK. When I try to run it within the IDE,
>> all it does is to display a red no entry sign near the bottom of the
>> screen. It does not display an icon in Ubuntu's Unity Launcher let alone
>> open the form: screenshot attached. AFAIK I've never seen this behaviour
>> before. The first few lines of code are:
>> ' Gambas class file
>>
>> Private aStartPositions As Integer[] = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
>> Private aCams As String[] = []
>> Private sPrinted As String
>> ' Private sPlain As String = ""
>> ' Private sCyphered As String = ""
>> ' Private iLimitation As Integer
>> ' Private sLimitation As String
>> Private aExecParameters As String[]
>> Private fResults As File
>> Private sResultsPath As String
>>
>> Public Sub Form_Open()
>>   Inc Application.Busy
>>   Me.Title = "Lorenz with Chi2 Limitation: Version " & Application.Version
>>   Me.Center()
>>   Me.Show
>>   StartPositionValueBox1.SetFocus()
>> Finally
>>   Application.Busy = 0
>> Catch
>>   Message.Warning(ERROR.Text)
>>
>> I don't see anything significantly different in this code from that used
>> in my other projects.
>>
>> If people insist on my attaching a stripped down project, then I will do
>> so. However, it may just be something obvious: it's always a fair amount
>> of work to create stripped down projects from actual ones.
>> --
>>
>> John
>>

> This would be indicative of something failing in the initialisation of the application.
> Try expanding the traceback panel, both horizontally and vertically.
> Also the error message in the bubble is probably transparent due to theme settings.
> Try a diffferent desktop theme and see if you can read the error.
>
> hth
> bruce
Bruce,

I don't understand what you meant by the 'traceback panel'. I've tried
expanding the Console area in both directions, but that made no
difference. I've tried other desktop themes (original was 'Select a
Theme', which I've left alone for all my projects) but that made no
difference.
I noticed that the red no entry icon appears in a small rectangular area
at the top right corner of the Console output, the rest of that small
area being blank.