[Gambas-user] Connecting DataControl to DataSource

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Tue Jan 6 02:58:28 CET 2015

On 01/05/2015 04:35 PM, Lewis Balentine wrote:
> I must be missing something very basic in the use of form database controls.
> I can not seem to get a data control populated ...
> It appears to me that the data control is not linked to the DataSource.
> What am I missing ???
>
> Two additional questions:
> Is there a way to access the "Result" object of a DataSource ?
> Is there a way to change the "DataSource" for a DataControl ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Lewis Balentine

Hi Lewis,

You didn't provide your project, so I can only guess at how you've designed the DataSource and DataControl(s).

But, I think I can answer your first and third questions with one answer. Your third question gives me a hint that you are doing the same thing
I first did.

One thing that I missed at first is that the data control needs to be a child of the data source, and, conversely the data source must be the
parent of the data control.

In other words, when you place the DataSource on the form, you then expand it so it can contain (ie. be the parent of) the data controls.

Lee