[Gambas-user] fullscreen

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Mon Jan 5 21:56:18 CET 2015

> Salut Karl,
>
> if I solve your croaaword puzzzle, the result could be, that you are
> recommending me to go to e newer ubuntu version ????? Is it so ? You
> wanted to tell me: You should go to a newer ubun tu versiom ?
>
> ???????
>
> I cantell you also somethinmg, without crossword puzzle.
>
> I have tested Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 and some other in between. Everything
> is rubbish. I think amateurs have designed the newer versions. And may
> be I leave LINUX at all, because LINUX doesn't fullfill my expectations.
>
> In spite of many years have passed, Ubuntu has too many problems, and
> the protagonists of LINUX forget always, that many people doesn't want
> to study an operating system with all its details, but they want to
> write some letters, call their friends, make bank business, save some fotos.
>
> Therefote I think LINUX will loos the competition with Windows, the
> protagonists of LINUX are too bad, are too much programmers, too less users.
>
> Reiner

Well we can talk about Windows changes too if you want ... And yes
linux is for advanced users that want to take
theire future in hand. I want to be able to manage my system myself.
And yes it's not the case of the majority.
Some distribution are more stable than other. WIth linux you can keep
you computer near to 10 years... with windows you can change every 2
years if you want
to use up to date tools. But this ability have a cost in term of
involvement of the user.

So linux is good in industrial desktop for low users were you lock things.

> On 01/05/2015 07:29 PM, Charlie Reinl wrote:
>> Am Montag, den 05.01.2015, 14:21 +0100 schrieb Reiner Goerlach:
>>> Ubuntu 10.04
>>
>> Salut Reiner,
>>
>> I saw you are still using Ubuntu 10.04, while that is an LTS, it is
>> longer supported as normal releases, but also not for a eternity.
>>
>> see here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
>>
>> I made this once with Ubuntu 8.04 and at the end of 2011 I remarked,
>> that all worked well, BUT my Firefox and the flashplayer has been too
>> old, and I didn't see the things I looked for on a web-site, while I
>> talked with a friend about.
>>>From this time on I tried to upgrade as soon as possible to the next LTS
>> release.

Fabien Bodard