[Gambas-user] fullscreen

Karl Reinl karl.reinl at ...9...
Mon Jan 5 23:13:35 CET 2015

Am Montag, den 05.01.2015, 21:27 +0100 schrieb Reiner Goerlach:
> Salut Karl,
>
> if I solve your croaaword puzzzle, the result could be, that you are
> recommending me to go to e newer ubuntu version ????? Is it so ? You
> wanted to tell me: You should go to a newer ubun tu versiom ?
>
> ???????
>
> I cantell you also somethinmg, without crossword puzzle.
>
> I have tested Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 and some other in between. Everything
> is rubbish. I think amateurs have designed the newer versions. And may
> be I leave LINUX at all, because LINUX doesn't fullfill my expectations.
>
> In spite of many years have passed, Ubuntu has too many problems, and
> the protagonists of LINUX forget always, that many people doesn't want
> to study an operating system with all its details, but they want to
> write some letters, call their friends, make bank business, save some fotos.
>
> Therefote I think LINUX will loos the competition with Windows, the
> protagonists of LINUX are too bad, are too much programmers, too less users.
>
> Reiner

Salut Reiner,

Unity is not the great throw, there I understand you well. But 'Ubuntu'
exists in many variations. I use a pure Gnome2 desktop since 12.04

But you  talked about users and Windows. Have you had the opportunity to
teach an XP user, after 11 years of XP, the new Windows 8.1, or worst
Windows 8.0 . No fun, really not.
And they always cried after the previous version. 3.11 at 95, 95 at 98,
98 at 2000, and so on, and why... everything has changed, nothing was
like before. But the OS was more powerful then before.

If you have seen a Windows 10, you can say, they go back, looks like a "strange"
Windows 7 with a new START button and everything is square, simple,
unadorned ... colorless(!).
Soon the green/black screen comes back?
--
Amicalement