[Gambas-user] Question on the .gitignore file

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Fri Sep 26 17:00:14 CEST 2014

Hi,

At work I have been playing with setting up a git repository on a server
to have some version control on Gambas development.

Now I have seen that the Gambas (trunk version) default makes
a .gitignore file, witch is a very handy thing when working with git.

I was wondering what is the use of ignoring the language .pot files
(.lang/*.pot)?

I mean if I'm working on a local clone (lets say AClone) of the main git
repository on the server and I would add a new form, in a translatable
project, a .pot file would be generated. These are to my understanding
the .po template files.

After an add and commit of working directory into origin (AClone on the
local machine) and next pushing it to the server, it would ignore
these .pot files.

If someone (let say a translator) now clones the server to his local
machine (lets say B), there would be no .pot file for the new form, so
no template to translate.
Could he do translations (in BClone)? Will the IDE generate a new .pot
file the moment the translator (in BClone) would open the Translation
form?

If it does, I have no more questions and all is okay.

If not the translator could not do translations for the new form and
thus the .pot files should not be ignored in .gitignore

Just wondering?

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)