[Gambas-user] Alternate language generation.

John Leake jleake at ...3375...
Sun Sep 21 03:12:32 CEST 2014

I have drilled down into the guts of Gambas and rattled a few cages in
the process but I would like to thank you all for your time, patience
and tolerance towards a Gambas newbie.

I like the IDE and what has been achieved since its inception and I
think that it holds great potential for the future.  It is certainly
(and I really mean this) the best and most accessible open source RAD
tool available today.

I am sorry if my direct approach has upset any one but that is who I am
and life is too short to bugger about with politics and egos. I also
feel a slight tide of resistance to what I would like to do to improve
the experience for newcomers and it is unfortunate (for me) that there
does not appear to be a concrete base behind the language semantic
definition. This is only a technical issue but without it I cannot see
any consensus of opinion that would prevail and thus form a solid
unquestionable reference point in any debate.

Thank you all again and good luck.