[Gambas-user] Combobox behavior with long lists

Jesus ea7dfh at ...2382...
Wed Oct 1 14:05:35 CEST 2014

El 01/10/14 a las #4, Alain Baudrez escribió:
> Jesus,
>
> the funny thing is that I use gb.qt4 and I have this very long top to
> bottom list in Linux Mint 17 Mate.
>
> Maybe it is not 100% depending on the toolkit used.

It is, at a degree. This is the theme used by the qt4 tk. Test with
another style (using the tool qtconfig-qt4). I've just tested it and
"Plastique" style behaves as you want.

Install qt4-qtconfig package and play a little with it.

I'm using Mint 17 Xfce and also hate that long comboboxes... ;-)

Hope this helps this time

Regards

--
Jesus Guardon

>> El 01/10/14 a las #4, Alain Baudrez escribió:
>>> I have quit using the combobox because its behavior with long lists
>> really
>>> pisses me off. When you click the dropdown arrow a list of items fills
>> the
>>> screen from top to bottom, which is not only ugly for the eyes, but also
>>> confuses the users.
<SNIP>