[Gambas-user] Gambas IDE in open project scanning entire home directory

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun May 25 01:39:18 CEST 2014

Le 25/05/2014 00:48, Ian Haywood a écrit :
> This is me trying to click on my home directory in the FDirChooser
> widget when opening a project.
> Obviously the "Debug" statement is my addition.
> At startup it scanned every file in every directory under
> /home/ian/debian (dunno why that one, wasn't my working directory)
>
> The issue is the recursion: it goes into *every* directory no matter
> how deep the directory layout is. If it just stopped at the first or
> even second level that would be acceptable in terms of performance
>
> Ian

The only recursion that occurs is after opening a project: the project
directory is recursively browsed, to detect all project files.

Otherwise, I have no idea why /home/ian/debian is browsed. When you say
"at startup", does it mean "before opening the project open dialog" or
"during" or "after"?

--
Benoît Minisini