[Gambas-user] A strategical move for two communities: Gambas and The GNU Project

Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro oitofelix at ...181...
Wed May 14 13:26:29 CEST 2014

Em Tue, 13 May 2014 23:30:05 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> escreveu:

> Tobias has a point there.
>
> If becoming a GNU project means that the code must be rewritten to
> follow the GNU's C notation standard, then I can't agree. I don't
> have the time to do that.
>
> Not that I am against standard, but I'm like Tobias, I don't like the
> way GNU code is written, it's unreadable for me.

If that is only a matter of time, I certainly can help you with that.
On the other hand, if you don't want to write and maintain code
following the GNU's C notation standard I can't say for sure whether the
GNU Project would open an exception for you.  However, I can ask them.
After all, I'm not quite sure whether the GNU C notation is demanded or
just strongly encouraged.

Meanwhile, do you have other objections against the requirements found
in GNU software evaluation page[1], The GNU Coding Standards[2] and
Information for Maintainers of GNU software[3], so I can take the
issue to their attention?

Notice that you don't have to read all of [2] and [3].  Just
quickly skim over it.

Footnotes:

[1] https://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html
[2] https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/index.html
[3] https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/index.html

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;