[Gambas-user] Sylph: Project Miyaji initial demonstration release

Sun Jul 13 01:36:28 CEST 2014

On 07/02/2014 08:15 PM, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> What kind of feedback you were hoping for? Technical or general?

Hey Jussi. At this point I'm looking for any sort of feedback. Bugs,
aesthetics, frame rate, play control issues, or anything else you can
think of.

> Is space bar intended to turn auto-fire on/off? Bit weird, not wrong. Also

The space bar toggles autofire because most players would probably end
up having to hold down the space bar for the entirety of the game. In
shoot 'em ups like this you're generally firing 90% of the time.

> bullets are hard to see in space. Game seems to end abruptly when the boss
> is killed.

I made some modifications to the bullets, adding a glow around them to
make them more visible. Eventually they'll look more like this:

http://youtu.be/bWi-pJLO2m4?t=1m18s

Killing a boss now freezes the camera allowing your ship to fly into the
horizon before loading the next stage. Eventually each stage will be
followed by docking at a space station for repairs and weapons outfitting.

>   Normal help, custom controls etc menus are missing.

Heh heh, I'm saving the un-fun stuff for last. :)

> I don't feel right criticizing game which isn't ready... what can I say. It
> seems to work perfectly, however I don't know what kind of features I
> should be expecting to test for.

Not a problem and thanks...any feedback is good feedback. I'm going to
be releasing Alpha 2 in the next few days. How awesome would it be to
get a GAMBAS game on Steam? That's what I'm shooting for.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues