[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.5.4 and the Stable PPA

Ian Haywood ihaywood3 at ...626...
Sat Jul 12 12:45:56 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Sebastian Kulesz <sebikul at ...626...> wrote:

> The thing is, I don't have ubuntu installed in my computer as i don't need
> it to manage the Daily Builds PPA. The problem arises when trying to push
> Gambas 3.5.4 to the Stable PPA using the same method i'm using for the
> Daily Builds. To do this, i have to bisect 3 repositories to find the
> revision which corresponds to the release of the 5.* branch. Right now,
surely if it's the official repository you can use the official
tarball? This is how we do the debian
unstable releases.
[the other option is to just use the debian unstable release and
relabel the target distro, it should
compile on most recent ubuntus as-is]
Hopefully in the next version of ubuntu the version will be up-to-date
so the kendek PPA won't be needed for that version
(it will still be for older ones I know)

Ian