[Gambas-user] Events not firing...

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Thu Jul 10 20:44:20 CEST 2014

Am Donnerstag, den 10.07.2014, 14:26 -0400 schrieb Stephen:
> On 07/10/2014 02:04 PM, Charlie Reinl wrote:

> >> On a side note, the gotfocus event fires... and the change event for the
> >> textbox also fires, I added a combobox and tested its keypress and
> >> keyrelease events and they do not fire. So the problem appears isolated
> >> to keypress and keyrelease. I'm going to revert back to 3.5.4 as 3.5.90
> >> did nothing to correct the listbox issue and I can work around it by
> >> putting it in a list container.
> >>
> > Salut Stephen,
> >
> > what happens, if you create a new user and you make your tests ?
> >
> Hi Charlie.
>
>    I switched back to 3.5.4. The keypress/release issue does not exist
> in 3.5.4 but does exist in 3.5.90; the environment in which either of
> these gambas version runs, as well as my UID are the constants, creating
> another user didn't even show up on my radar.

Salut Stephen,

the reason why I used/use that trick, is, my box started at least with
Ubuntu 06.06 and was not newly installed, only updated.
My user is a bit older I brought in the home disk from a gentoo
installation with KDE at that time.

So some times the beast how you call it makes strange things (like
yours) .

But I found out, a newly created user is clean and often reacts also
clean, the beast in his cage.

That is the reason why I wrote that.

--
Amicalement