[Gambas-user] Events not firing...

Stephen sbungay at ...3301...
Thu Jul 10 20:58:00 CEST 2014

On 07/10/2014 02:44 PM, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 10.07.2014, 14:26 -0400 schrieb Stephen:

>>> Salut Stephen,
>>>
>>> what happens, if you create a new user and you make your tests ?
>>>
>> Hi Charlie.
>>
>>     I switched back to 3.5.4. The keypress/release issue does not exist
>> in 3.5.4 but does exist in 3.5.90; the environment in which either of
>> these gambas version runs, as well as my UID are the constants, creating
>> another user didn't even show up on my radar.
>>
> Salut Stephen,
>
> the reason why I used/use that trick, is, my box started at least with
> Ubuntu 06.06 and was not newly installed, only updated.
> My user is a bit older I brought in the home disk from a gentoo
> installation with KDE at that time.
>
> So some times the beast how you call it makes strange things (like
> yours) .
>
> But I found out, a newly created user is clean and often reacts also
> clean, the beast in his cage.
>
> That is the reason why I wrote that.

I understand, good thinking. I will spin up a new VM with the same
configuration and test the theory. Right now I have to make some headway
on this project and can't afford the cycles as I must have things
quasi-working by tomorrow afternoon... it is shaping up to be one of
those long night coding sessions.

--
Kindest Regards
Stephen A. Bungay, Prop.