[Gambas-user] How to import and/or use Linux function "memcopy"?

Sun Jan 26 16:43:02 CET 2014

> Thanks, I had missed that property.  Function memmove now works as I
> think it should.  The pointer acts like an integer giving the
> starting location of the array in bytes.  As I recall, in VB6 I can
> use "iArray" as a variable and it is assumed to mean
> "iArray(0)",  Or, I could have specified the element "iArray(0)" as
> an argument in a function expecting a simple variable.

The difference is that in Gambas arrays are objects.

> I read that objects can be passed as arguments

True, but not to library written in C which doesn't support objects at all.
And with other languages, I don't think the object structure in memory is
same (=compatible). However you can pass objects as arguments in libraries
written with Gambas.

Jussi