[Gambas-user] How to import and/or use Linux function "memcopy"?

Carl Nilsson nilsson at ...1979...
Sun Jan 26 05:47:20 CET 2014

Jussi:
Thanks, I had missed that property.  Function memmove now works as I
think it should.  The pointer acts like an integer giving the
starting location of the array in bytes.  As I recall, in VB6 I can
use "iArray" as a variable and it is assumed to mean
"iArray(0)",  Or, I could have specified the element "iArray(0)" as
an argument in a function expecting a simple variable.  Not so in
Gambas.  (I'm not being critical, these are things I am finding out
about Gambas).  In the literature I have perused, there is not too
much about arrays (a little in Rittinghouse ABGTG) and even less
about passing arguments to procedures.  To my gratification,
Rittinghouse says (Vol. 1 p.53) clearly that 1-D arrays are objects
and elsewhere I read that objects can be passed as arguments, both of
which statements were supported when my test showed I could pass  a
1-D array as an argument to a procedure in another class
(form).  That's something I  could not do in VB6, without resorting
to User-Defined-Types (UDT).  I live and learn!
Carl