[Gambas-user] Bug: Mageia packages made by IDE do not install application icon in distro menu

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 31 14:10:22 CEST 2014

Le 31/08/2014 13:54, Willy Raets a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Lee (also on this mailinglist) did some testing of an application of
> mine.
> He reported that when installing the rpm he had script errors.
> The application did install and had a menu entry, but no icon was
> present for the entry.
>
> When I run the .deb files on Mint icon are properly made for the distro
> menu entry.
>
> So the problem seems to be in the mageia package as made by the IDE.
>
> This is what Lee reported back to me:
>
> -------------------------------------
> Running `rpm -Uvh earthshipcalc-1.0.91-1mga.noarch.rpm` as root gave me:
>
> Preparing...                          #################################
> [100%]
> Updating / installing...
>      1:earthshipcalc-1.0.91-1mga
> #################################
> [ 50%]
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.p7FUo4: line 1: fg: no job control
> warning: %post(earthshipcalc-1.0.91-1mga.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit
> status 1
> Cleaning up / removing...
>      2:earthshipcalc-1.0.90-1mga
> #################################
> [100%]
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.lWAIDV: line 1: fg: no job control
> warning: %postun(earthshipcalc-1.0.90-1mga.noarch) scriptlet failed,
> exit status 1
>

> Version 1.0.90 was given a menu spot in Development->Tools. Version
> 1.0.91 occupies a menu entry in Sciences which is appropriate. But, it
> still does not display its own custom icon.
>
> I tried to find the icon with `locate Earthship` as root. I got the
> following lines at the top of the result:
> /%{_iconsdir}/EarthshipCalc.png
> /%{_liconsdir}/EarthshipCalc.png
> /%{_miconsdir}/EarthshipCalc.png
>
> And indeed, those directories (and the icon) are there in the system
> root directory. It seems something in the install script/process is not
> replacing those dynamic placeholders with their correct local values.
> -------------------------------------
>
> Some info on Lee his system:
>
> - Architecture: i686
> - Kernel: Linux
> - Kernel release: 3.10.50-desktop-1.mga3
> - Distro Code name: thornicroft
> - X Window Manager: KWin
> - Desktop: KDE
> - Gambas3 version: 3.5.4
>
> Maybe Lee can add more info to this bug report.

Is it possible to have:

- The package you tried to install and that failed.

- A mageia package that installs one application with its icons and that
works.

Thanks!

--
Benoît Minisini