[Gambas-user] Bug: Mageia packages made by IDE do not install application icon in distro menu

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sun Aug 31 13:54:47 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Lee (also on this mailinglist) did some testing of an application of
mine.
He reported that when installing the rpm he had script errors.
The application did install and had a menu entry, but no icon was
present for the entry.

When I run the .deb files on Mint icon are properly made for the distro
menu entry.

So the problem seems to be in the mageia package as made by the IDE.

This is what Lee reported back to me:

-------------------------------------
Running `rpm -Uvh earthshipcalc-1.0.91-1mga.noarch.rpm` as root gave me:

Preparing...                          #################################
[100%]
Updating / installing...
    1:earthshipcalc-1.0.91-1mga
#################################
[ 50%]
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.p7FUo4: line 1: fg: no job control
warning: %post(earthshipcalc-1.0.91-1mga.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit
status 1
Cleaning up / removing...
    2:earthshipcalc-1.0.90-1mga
#################################
[100%]
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.lWAIDV: line 1: fg: no job control
warning: %postun(earthshipcalc-1.0.90-1mga.noarch) scriptlet failed,
exit status 1

Version 1.0.90 was given a menu spot in Development->Tools. Version
1.0.91 occupies a menu entry in Sciences which is appropriate. But, it
still does not display its own custom icon.

I tried to find the icon with `locate Earthship` as root. I got the
following lines at the top of the result:
/%{_iconsdir}/EarthshipCalc.png
/%{_liconsdir}/EarthshipCalc.png
/%{_miconsdir}/EarthshipCalc.png

And indeed, those directories (and the icon) are there in the system
root directory. It seems something in the install script/process is not
replacing those dynamic placeholders with their correct local values.
-------------------------------------

Some info on Lee his system:

- Architecture: i686
- Kernel: Linux
- Kernel release: 3.10.50-desktop-1.mga3
- Distro Code name: thornicroft
- X Window Manager: KWin
- Desktop: KDE
- Gambas3 version: 3.5.4

Maybe Lee can add more info to this bug report.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/