[Gambas-user] MIDI Patterns/Sequencer, ! Looking for interested developers !

sfdadds sammy_dadds at ...43...
Thu Aug 7 20:34:06 CEST 2014

Hi Kevin.

  Thanks.  Need to find out how to get you the projects via email.  I have
not put it up anywhere yet.  Thinking about White Island since Sholzy said I
could put it up on his site and when he gets time it would turn into a GIT
repo.

  When I originally started the projects I used the FluidSynth API and
changed over to generic ALSA.  This way all sound sources (FluidSynth,
Rackarack, Yoshmi etc) can be connected up to any track(s) plus ALSA
provides an easier API for the sequencer engine.  Assuming a good JACK
configuation and QSynth (basically the same as any Linux sound app) you can
get to all kinds of ALSA sound sources.  The application itself provides no
sounds sources at all.  Just the capability of driving the MIDI data into
ALSA.  QJackctl or Patchage can then be used to connect each track to a
sound source.  I have documented the process for v0.1.  Some things (effects
grid) have already changed and recording from external MIDI device has just
started.

  I use LMMS also along with QTractor, Rosegarden and Ardour.  LMMS is the
only one that does not like the SMF (Standard MIDI File) exports.  It
imports fine but LMMS seems to ignore any events for track 10 (drums).  I
think it is required to used LMMS Bass/Beat for track 10.

  I'll check back later to see how I can get you the projects.