[Gambas-user] Question on mime type installation

Kende Krisztián nemh at ...2007...
Sun Sep 22 17:01:57 CEST 2013

> Hi all,
>
> Here is my situation:
> In the Project folder (.hidden) I have:
> - a folder Icons (see attachment mime-02.png)
> - FlagShipDesignAid.xml -> mime type infofile (see attachment
> mime-03.png)
>
> When making a package in step 8 I have them copied to certain
> locations (see attachment mime-01.png)
>
> The Icons folder holds the applications Icons.
> The xml file the mimetype information to be installed.
>
> When installing the applications deb package all above is copied to
> the proper locations.
>
> Currently I'm stuck to installing the mimetype in a terminal, but I
> would like to see this automated during the installation of the
> application deb package.
>
> All that is missing is a script that installs the mime type to the
> system. But I have no idea how this script needs to look like or in
> what language it needs to be written.
>
> Next, if I would have such a script, is there a step in the Gambas
> packager where I can add the script, so it is run when a user installs
> the application deb package and mime types get set for the
> application?
>
> Anyone any answers, links to usable information, example script or
> whatever that can help me solve this?

What? Debian package is not install any files in the /usr/local
directory. It's simply not allowed.
If install the .xml file in the /usr/share/mime/packages
directory, the shared-mime-info (triggers) automatically executes the
update-mime-database.real command.