[Gambas-user] Question on mime type installation

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sun Sep 22 16:25:32 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Here is my situation:
In the Project folder (.hidden) I have:
- a folder Icons (see attachment mime-02.png)
- FlagShipDesignAid.xml -> mime type infofile (see attachment
mime-03.png)

When making a package in step 8 I have them copied to certain locations
(see attachment mime-01.png)

The Icons folder holds the applications Icons.
The xml file the mimetype information to be installed.

When installing the applications deb package all above is copied to the
proper locations.

Currently I'm stuck to installing the mimetype in a terminal, but I
would like to see this automated during the installation of the
application deb package.

All that is missing is a script that installs the mime type to the
system. But I have no idea how this script needs to look like or in what
language it needs to be written.

Next, if I would have such a script, is there a step in the Gambas
packager where I can add the script, so it is run when a user installs
the application deb package and mime types get set for the application?

Anyone any answers, links to usable information, example script or
whatever that can help me solve this?

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)