[Gambas-user] Question about repeating sections using gb.report with Gambas3

Greg Raffaelle greg.raffaelle at ...2755...
Thu Sep 19 03:11:00 CEST 2013

Fabien,

I will review your edits of the files OutputReport.report and
OutputReport.class and see if I can get the report section to repeat in
my application.

To answer your question about time learning to use the gb.report
component it was significant (perhaps 60 hours over the course of four
to five weeks).  I started by experimenting with the example program
that can with Gambas3 and with the couple of examples I found on the
internet.  I also watched the videos you created on utube many times.
To get the report formatted the way I wanted involved many trial and
error runs.  For me I found it useful to have borders around all items
to see how they behaved.  Then when I got the format of the report
worked out I would turn off the borders I did not want on the final
report.  My number one request would be to have some written
documentation of the usage and abilities of the gb.report component.

On a previous program I created with Gambas, I created my own print
preview form.  I was also printing tables in that program and I had to
create all the tables using draw commands.  That took me more time than
it did to learn to use the gb.report component.  I feel with gb.report
once it is learned, the ability to create print pages will be an easier
and simpler task each time you use it.  I think gb.report is a marvelous
component of Gambas and I would not want to go back writing all the draw
code to create printed pages from scratch.

Thanks for your assistance and thanks for the gb.report component.
Greg