[Gambas-user] "wrapping" function based on recent Mod thread

Fri Oct 11 00:07:00 CEST 2013

On 10/10/2013 06:02 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 10/10/2013 23:50, Kevin Fishburne a écrit :
>> On 10/10/2013 05:07 AM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>>> Maybe some parts of your rendering engine must in final be in a lib like
>>> gb.sge
>> Is there a reference doc for that component? I don't see it in the wiki,
>> but seem to remember someone mentioning it on the list before.
>>
>> My code's pretty specialized for my project, but some of it could
>> conceivably be made more friendly for general purpose game engine use.
>> I've attached the Audio, Calculate, Render and Wisp modules. There are
>> some bugs in there (and some logic craziness) but what else is new? The
>> Wrap_Single procedure in the Calculate module is messed up, FYI. I tried
>> to adapt the Wrap_Short code to it by truncating the fractional part
>> then adding it back in at the end, but apparently it creates some
>> imprecision and makes my camera orientation twitch. :/
>>
> I don't think what you are doing has anything to do with gb.sge.
>
> gb.sge is an OpenGL component that loads and displays MD2 files, that's
> all. See the MD2Model example for a demo.
>
> Regards,

Ah... Interesting. I'll have to switch back to the daily PPA and check
it out. Right now I'm literally rendering the polygonal stuff one quad
at a time and designing them on graph paper. Not my idea of a good time!

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues