[Gambas-user] article on Gambas...

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Tue Nov 26 22:17:11 CET 2013

Hello Tobias,

I control all those forums regularly and frequently, as I consider them, however the important resources. To get the translation I use the online translators: I think the important thing is to understand the meaning of the messages.

maybe ... can be a stimulus to learning, albeit in an elementary way, another language. ;-)

Bye
vuott

 Data: Martedì 26 novembre 2013, 17:29

 On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Ru Vuott wrote:
 > > a example of power of gambas its
 www.gambasforge.org/index.html

 > Hi,
 >
 > yes, but we must add also:
 > - http://www.gambas-es.org/
 > - http://www.gambas-it.org/smf/
 > - http://www.gambas-club.de/

 I think he meant that gambasforge.org is written in Gambas.
 I don't think,
 the other forums are. At least gambas-club.de is driven by
 phpBB.

 > Plurality is a treasure, but I think it would also need
 some kind of connection and interrelation between the
 forum.

 Well, as of 22nd this month, you are speaking with the new
 head of
 gambas-club.de here :-)

 I will try to open that forum more to other resources,
 adding links and
 stuff (and most importantly, replace all occurences of the
 Gambas2 logo by
 the Gambas3 one!) but beyond that, I can't imagine what to
 do. I only speak
 German, English and what remains from my school French.

 See, we can't really connect them any closer (like linking
 topics) because
 we speak different languages. Of course, we all speak Gambas
 but how to
 pose a question in Gambas? :-)

 Events like programming contests or so together would also
 boil down to
 speaking English with one another which contradicts the
 raison d'etre (at
 least as I understand it) of these forums - to use one's
 native language.

 Not sure how to improve the situation - except for adding
 links, of course -
 but I'm open for suggestions.

 Regards,
 Tobi

 --
 "There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" --
 Mr. Monk

 Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your
 business. Most IT
 organizations don't have a clear picture of how application
 performance
 affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100%
 visibility into your
 Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE
 TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!