[Gambas-user] article on Gambas...

Wed Nov 27 08:34:15 CET 2013

> Well, as of 22nd this month, you are speaking with the new head of
> gambas-club.de here :-)

Oh, nice to read. I'm not very often around there, but only on weekends
up to now.

> Events like programming contests or so together would also boil down to
> speaking English with one another which contradicts the raison d'etre (at
> least as I understand it) of these forums - to use one's native language.
>
> Not sure how to improve the situation - except for adding links, of course -
> but I'm open for suggestions.

One might add a link to a community forum from each of the national
forums. The user would see something like another discussion group
within his own national forum, but entering it he would enter the
international forum. Maybe it could be realised by cutting down a phpBB
or myBB to just one visible discussion group and simply linking to it.

The only technical question is that of memberships - these would somehow
have to be copied to the international forum. Maybe it's possible to
send username/password entries from the national forums to the
international one via some secure way... and include them into its database.

Has nobody in the FLOSS world had the idea yet? There must be examples
and folks who can be asked how they did it...

Rolf