[Gambas-user] Gambas Future or what kind of Gambas we want.

Fri Nov 1 17:19:37 CET 2013

well, theres some point that end in a double-edged sword

there's sense to ported to BSD, maebo, firefox-os,but if we make
software for non-free
systems, i see that most free projects in net the binaries for OSX or
Guindows are more
downloaded rather than the binaries for FOSS like linux, maebo, BSD,
etc etc, so then this its
a double-edged sword

those that makes free software for non-free systems are hipocrit due
made more relatiable these non-free systems

think about it: oh i have gambas for guindows, so why installing
complete os linux? nahhh
then install "w2008R2 super dupper edition ultimate corporate with all stuff"
and that's all .. no funny mens

>> rare. I want him to concentrate on make it's code portable... separate
>> specific linux part to allow all our friend that want to help to port
>> gambas to stars to make theire job.
I have no problem if code are ported to ONLY FREE OS's i can help ONLY
IN THAT SCENARY
>> At the end Benoit can take hollidays and come take a Cognac at home .
take cognac in a chair sitting is the same as being a windoser giving
only clicks on the Pad
>> :-)

>> separate it to symplify the maintainment
YEs in this part u have rigth

> i worked on gambas' portability (OS X and *BSD) and i can say
OSX are a non-free OS

> we need a new structure of code to make a good portability
> but mainly a proper maintenance.
Well yes have right

> Gambas is too linked to Linux. I can understand Benoit isn't
> interesting to spend time in the developing to port Gambas,
oh god exits!   ;-)
> but Benoit MUST review its code.
well u have right   u_u

> for OS X, for Windows and so on ...
> X11 for OS X is ugly.
> X11 for Windows is ugly.
> Use translated X11 routines are ugly.
u must use free software

> While this change will not be applied,
> i would not be motivated to work on any Gambas port again...
well with this i already very motivated

--
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com