[Gambas-user] Gambas Future or what kind of Gambas we want.

Kende Krisztián nemh at ...2007...
Sun Nov 3 13:31:27 CET 2013

> MIR ?
>
> from wikipaedia :
> Also in June 2013 Julien Lavergne, of the Lubuntu project, indicated that
> Lubuntu would not be switching to Mir for at least the next two
> releases.[39][41]
> In August 2013, after evaluating Mir, the Xubuntu developers decided not to
> use Mir or XMir for Xubuntu 13.10.[42][43][44] Unofficial test versions of
> Xubuntu with Mir and XMir are available.[43][45]
> In September 2013, Intel management team decided to drop XMir support from
> their video driver, as they "do not condone or support Canonical in the
> course of action they have chosen, and will not carry XMir patches
> upstream".[46][47]
>

> it seem mir is near to be dead in the eggs if the constructor not follow
> them on theire driver ... even if maybe some dev do some support on the
> free drivers.

Mir is not used in Ubuntu 13.10, and XMir is not default with open
source graphics drivers. But a few years later the situation changes.
While it is true, the Gambas will work with XMir compatibility layer.