[Gambas-user] gbc3-gb_error.o compiling rev #5670

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed May 22 22:27:24 CEST 2013

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 22 May 2013, paulwheeler wrote:

>    Tobias,
>    Thank you for you work on this project.
>    I have been lurking for a while, just to absorb more knowledge.
>    My apology, but I am confused about what was funny.
>    Translation?which script line?
>    Paul

the funny thing was that it needed three commits to fix Emanuele's problem
which is two too much for this kind of error.

Actually, I'm not really concered about localisation (one of the most
important lines in my .bashrc is LC_ALL=C :-)) and now my ignorance bit me.

Basically, I added a simple line to the configure scripts so that the
interpreter, when compiled from a subversion repository, prints the revision
it was compiled from, like:

$ gbx3 --version
3.4.90 #5672

This number is extracted by a shell script line that makes assumptions on
the language settings of the system - which is apparently non-portable. And
that's the whole story.

Regards,
Tobi