[Gambas-user] gbc3-gb_error.o compiling rev #5670

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed May 22 23:58:08 CEST 2013

Le 22/05/2013 22:27, Tobias Boege a écrit :

> the funny thing was that it needed three commits to fix Emanuele's problem
> which is two too much for this kind of error.
>
> Actually, I'm not really concered about localisation (one of the most
> important lines in my .bashrc is LC_ALL=C :-)) and now my ignorance bit me.
>
> Basically, I added a simple line to the configure scripts so that the
> interpreter, when compiled from a subversion repository, prints the revision
> it was compiled from, like:
>
> $ gbx3 --version
> 3.4.90 #5672
>
> This number is extracted by a shell script line that makes assumptions on
> the language settings of the system - which is apparently non-portable. And
> that's the whole story.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Ha ha. I have reworked completely the management of the TRUNK_VERSION
constant, fixing the localization problem and so on, but I forgot to
commit before leaving at noon!

Now I have to check if what I have done is compatible with your
changes... :-/

--
Benoît Minisini