[Gambas-user] Global error management routine

Ron ron at ...1740...
Wed May 22 10:02:51 CEST 2013

On 22-5-2013 9:53, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 22/05/2013 00:04, Richard Terry a écrit :
>> Tobias Boege wrote:
>>> Hi Benoit,
>>>
>>> when programming a component in C/C++, one can use the error hook to execute
>>> a function when the interpreter is about to abort because of an error.
>>>
>>> In Gambas itself, we only have the local Catch blocks to execute code in
>>> case of error in this or any context above in the stack.
>>>
>>> However, there is no global error handling routine like the above error hook
>>> available for Gambas programs. It would be handy if the program ultimately
>>> has to tidy up some of its business before it is killed.
>>>
>> I'd second that, though I'm technically incapable of
>> helping/understanding. Short of putting a catch statement in every
>> single subroutine there seems no way in gambas to stop a program
>> crashing when it enounters an unexpected error, which if you have others
>> using the program for some mission-critical purpose this is nothing
>> short of embarrassing/dangerous/annoying to the users.
> I will think about it...
>
>> Though I use the latest packages for gambas3 I find the IDE crashes out
>> unexpectedly enough (e.g several times in a few hour session) for me to
>> have got into the habit of clicking the save button every few minutes as
>> in recent times I've lost e.g 30 mins of code due to the ide suddenly
>> 'disappearing'.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> richard
> I have no crash, while I use the Gambas IDE every day. What package do
> you use? What version? What kind of crash? Gambas error or segmentation
> fault?... and so on.

I have them too sometimes. Signal 11's.
But it seems they happen after something else failse, like failing to
connecting to mysql for example.
A user also reported to have Signal 11's while starting my project on a
Raspberry Pi, thats maybe an ARM thingy.

I will try to gather some more information.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.