[Gambas-user] Global error management routine

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed May 22 10:06:14 CEST 2013

Le 22/05/2013 10:02, Ron a écrit :
> On 22-5-2013 9:53, Benoît Minisini wrote:

>>> I'd second that, though I'm technically incapable of
>>> helping/understanding. Short of putting a catch statement in every
>>> single subroutine there seems no way in gambas to stop a program
>>> crashing when it enounters an unexpected error, which if you have others
>>> using the program for some mission-critical purpose this is nothing
>>> short of embarrassing/dangerous/annoying to the users.
>> I will think about it...
>>
>>> Though I use the latest packages for gambas3 I find the IDE crashes out
>>> unexpectedly enough (e.g several times in a few hour session) for me to
>>> have got into the habit of clicking the save button every few minutes as
>>> in recent times I've lost e.g 30 mins of code due to the ide suddenly
>>> 'disappearing'.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> richard
>> I have no crash, while I use the Gambas IDE every day. What package do
>> you use? What version? What kind of crash? Gambas error or segmentation
>> fault?... and so on.
>>

> I have them too sometimes. Signal 11's.
> But it seems they happen after something else failse, like failing to
> connecting to mysql for example.
> A user also reported to have Signal 11's while starting my project on a
> Raspberry Pi, thats maybe an ARM thingy.
>
> I will try to gather some more information.
>
> Regards,
> Ron_2nd.

If you enable core dumps on your system, and if you have compiled Gambas
with debugging information enabled, you can run gdb on the core file to
get the stack backtrace of the crash and send it me.

--
Benoît Minisini