[Gambas-user] Global error management routine

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed May 22 09:53:44 CEST 2013

Le 22/05/2013 00:04, Richard Terry a écrit :
> Tobias Boege wrote:
>> Hi Benoit,
>>
>> when programming a component in C/C++, one can use the error hook to execute
>> a function when the interpreter is about to abort because of an error.
>>
>> In Gambas itself, we only have the local Catch blocks to execute code in
>> case of error in this or any context above in the stack.
>>
>> However, there is no global error handling routine like the above error hook
>> available for Gambas programs. It would be handy if the program ultimately
>> has to tidy up some of its business before it is killed.
>>
> I'd second that, though I'm technically incapable of
> helping/understanding. Short of putting a catch statement in every
> single subroutine there seems no way in gambas to stop a program
> crashing when it enounters an unexpected error, which if you have others
> using the program for some mission-critical purpose this is nothing
> short of embarrassing/dangerous/annoying to the users.

I will think about it...

> Though I use the latest packages for gambas3 I find the IDE crashes out
> unexpectedly enough (e.g several times in a few hour session) for me to
> have got into the habit of clicking the save button every few minutes as
> in recent times I've lost e.g 30 mins of code due to the ide suddenly
> 'disappearing'.
>
> Regards
>
> richard

I have no crash, while I use the Gambas IDE every day. What package do
you use? What version? What kind of crash? Gambas error or segmentation
fault?... and so on.

--
Benoît Minisini