[Gambas-user] Need Gambas3 Made Apps.

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Feb 7 15:59:11 CET 2013

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013, ???????? ??????? wrote:

>    Hi.
>    Unfortunately the list of software that you can write on Gambas limited.
>    Gambas to do well windowed interface (catalogs, programs for the account of
>    the money and other).
>    The system utilities, soft for media - possibilities for these are limited
>    in Gambas.

You have access to the libc and everything else using EXTERN, you've got the
SHELL instruction... I can't imagine a system program you cannot rewrite in
Gambas with these methods. Bringing components into the picture, the Gambas
source code tends to be less complex anyway.

About soft(ware?) for media (streams?), that's a point I would support: I'm
not aware of easy methods for bit-fiddling or using SIMD, etc. like one can
do it with gcc intrinsics. If there a library for it (I don't know) this
could be a target for a component.

>    But for example, I started doing photo editor.
>    [1]http://gambas.pro/
>    Go on Link OUR PROJECTS
>    As a result, encountered problems when opening a large number of files or
>    large files.

That clearly depends on _how_ you use the files. This is the same with all
programming languages: Never read a file into memory for processing it but
use a Stream instead. The number of files opened and their size should not
matter then.

Regards,
Tobi