[Gambas-user] Gambas error messages

Sat Sep 22 00:44:34 CEST 2012

Did you try to install libqt3-mt?

e.g
> firefox --help
> konqueror --help
> ssh --help
> ls --help
>
> Anyway I then tried gbr2 --help after realizing what was
> happening.

True, thought --help works with gbx2, gbc2, gbs2, gbs3, gbx3, gbr3 and
gbc3, which are command line programs.

> That also does not work because gambas
> doesn't have any normal Linux command line
> friendly options.

Gambas compiler (gbc) do have verbose option, among many others.
Interpreter doesn't have it, but I have used Gambas about five years
without never running into situation where I wouldn't have error message
(at least) to terminal, if something went wrong.

And with this case,
I suspect that there is something wrong in your system that prevents error
messages to be printed from Gambas.

If the verbose messages are cleverly worded in unique ways, then
> when they get pasted into forums, they start
> seeding google with messages that can be searched for
> and the fixes become more easy to find. And duplication of effort
> will also reduce.

Normally when Gambas program runs into error it will display error message.
See attached example. It tells what kind of error and where it happened.
How this could be any better?

Jussi