[Gambas-user] Gambas error messages

jm joem at ...2671...
Sat Sep 22 00:18:47 CEST 2012

So when I typed gambas2 and it didn't work,
I typed gambas2 --help.

Naturally that won't work because it a sym link.

But nearly all other Linux commands do something
when you type --help.

e.g
firefox --help
konqueror --help
ssh --help
ls --help

Anyway I then tried gbr2 --help after realizing what was
happening.

That also does not work because gambas
doesn't have any normal Linux command line
friendly options.

As gambas gets ported to more and more ARM and future
distros, there will be more and more problems like this.

If gambas had --help, and also something like a -v n
for verbosity level n in command line, then it will
be easier to debug in environments where the IDE
has not started up yet.
If the verbose messages are cleverly worded in unique ways, then
when they get pasted into forums, they start
seeding google with messages that can be searched for
and the fixes become more easy to find. And duplication of effort
will also reduce.