[Gambas-user] Using Gambas for Apache cgi

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Mon Sep 17 19:52:31 CEST 2012

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Long time ago I set up a Gambas application in my internal server for
> cgi. I do remember there was some tweaking of Apache confs to tell it to
> accept .gambas and .gbs as a cgi program, but I don't remember what it
> was. Now I have tried to install this on another server, but of course
> it wasn't as simple as just copying the binaries into cgi-bin.
>
> Can one of you guys point me to it? I already searched my apache config
> files, but I didn't find where I have changed something.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Rolf

Hi Rolf,

my answer is as always: Hans (you know him?) already did this and wrote a
paper (in german). I don't mind (and he doesn't mind me) sending it along
with everything else he felt to put in that tarball back then (Gambas2
times). Since I last sent it to someone I actually tested it out and it
indeed worked on our school server ;-)

Apache configuration is not much of that paper, I hope you find it
useful; any credit to Hans.

Unfortunately, the tarball (even only the PDF xz-compressed) appears to
be >512 KiB (must have been the reason I never really wanted to send it to
the list) and so I'll send it to you via private mail.

Benoit, may I finally send the whole archive to the list (read: Are you
inclined to approve that ~1.5 MiB archive?)

Regards,
Tobi