[Gambas-user] Big change in revision #5382

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 28 17:06:04 CET 2012

Le 28/11/2012 16:52, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> I was talking about the Draw class compatibility, not the Printer class.
>> The new Printer class is different and will stay different.
>
> That's kinda shame because it means I have to organize two different
> ways of drawing with two separate drawing procedures for each of them.
> But as I haven't started yet I might be over-estimating the effort.
> We'll see :-)
>
> I asked because in the help, when you type Paint and press F2, it says:
>
> This class is used for doing anti-aliased painting on the following objects:
> Picture.
> Image.
> DrawingArea.
> Printer.
> SvgImage.
>
> So I thought I had one and the same complex of methods now to be able to
> organize drawing in a DrawingArea and in a Printer. Or am I thinking in
> the wrong direction here?
>
> Regards
>
> Rolf

Did you really read my initial mail? Now the Draw class is emulated
through the Paint class. Consequently, it works on printers, so your old
Gambas 2 code that draws on a printer with the Draw class can be used
now with Gambas 3. But not the code that uses the Printer class! But it
should not be a big deal as logically, you are drawing a print page by
page...

--
Benoît Minisini