[Gambas-user] Big change in revision #5382

Wed Nov 28 16:52:24 CET 2012

Am 28.11.2012 16:00, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 28/11/2012 10:12, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> Hi Benoit,
>>
>> I was curious and tried the latest trunk on my biggest project which has
>> the old printing code. Just fyi:
>>
>> Two errors stopped it:
>>
>> - In TreeView, the .Item delivers NULL instead of the object clicked on,
>> but only two nodes down. The other nodes above run fine.
>
> This is a problem in TreeView so: what do you mean by "but only two
> nodes down"??

I mean this:

Data

--Year 2012

   --Group x

     --Name XYZ

The issue is with the indivdual names only, but it appeared only now.
Earlier versions were ok (I remember that because I tried this program
with them, too).

> I was talking about the Draw class compatibility, not the Printer class.
> The new Printer class is different and will stay different.

That's kinda shame because it means I have to organize two different
ways of drawing with two separate drawing procedures for each of them.
But as I haven't started yet I might be over-estimating the effort.
We'll see :-)

I asked because in the help, when you type Paint and press F2, it says:

This class is used for doing anti-aliased painting on the following objects:
Picture.
Image.
DrawingArea.
Printer.
SvgImage.

So I thought I had one and the same complex of methods now to be able to
organize drawing in a DrawingArea and in a Printer. Or am I thinking in
the wrong direction here?

Regards

Rolf