[Gambas-user] WebPage support in Gambas

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Sun Mar 18 18:16:47 CET 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 12:58 -0400, Rob Kudla wrote:
> On 03/18/2012 11:11 AM, John Spikowski wrote:
> > On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 15:54 +0100, Emil Lenngren wrote:
> >> You don't need the development tools to install a desktop application?
> >
> > If I created a 'Hello World' Qt dialog and want to send it to a friend
> > that has a virgin Ubuntu install. What would I need to send him?
>
> The .deb package you create in the IDE. Its dependencies will include
> the Gambas runtime, not the whole IDE. He should just be able to
> double-click the package (or whatever the equivalent Unity action is...
> maybe caress it gently? I dunno, I switched to Xubuntu) and have the OS
> install what's needed.
>
> Rob

I have found that it is more difficult to get folks to try your software
if it means needing admin privileges and installing frameworks not used
by any other applications. I would guess the best approach would be is
to use Gtk components for a demo version of your application which would
minimize the install time of dependencies. How big is the Gambas
runtime?