[Gambas-user] WebPage support in Gambas

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Mar 18 17:58:09 CET 2012

On 03/18/2012 11:11 AM, John Spikowski wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 15:54 +0100, Emil Lenngren wrote:
>> You don't need the development tools to install a desktop application?
>
> If I created a 'Hello World' Qt dialog and want to send it to a friend
> that has a virgin Ubuntu install. What would I need to send him?

The .deb package you create in the IDE. Its dependencies will include
the Gambas runtime, not the whole IDE. He should just be able to
double-click the package (or whatever the equivalent Unity action is...
maybe caress it gently? I dunno, I switched to Xubuntu) and have the OS
install what's needed.

Rob