[Gambas-user] Problems building Gambas3 on Mageia2

Matteo Pasotti matteo.pasotti at ...626...
Wed Jun 6 23:41:56 CEST 2012

On 06/06/2012 02:42, RICHARD WALKER wrote:
> The long preparation, configuring making and installing of Gambas
> 3.1.90, revision #4809 I think, completed without apparent error.
>
> Part of the preparation was to fetch the Mageia 2 Gambas 3 (sounds
> like a football score) source rpm (version 3.1.1) and install it
> so that I could (1) get any of the missing build requirements, and
> (2) test build to check the environment. The rpm rebuild was
> trouble-free and all have been installed. So far, so good.
>
> I have uninstalled the 3.1.1 packages and done the reconf-all,
> configure, make bit. This took several hours, with a two hour car
> journey in the middle, but from shaky memory the only advisories I
> got were about jit and gnome desktop not being built.
>
> When it came to installing everything I was belatedly advised that
> several components were missing: gb.qt4 gb.qt4.opengl gb.xml.rpc
> gb.xml gb.xml.rpc gb.xml.rpc gb.xml.rpc
>
> Probably as a consequence, I could not get anything to work; ide,
> previously built gambas projects, no menu entries, that sort of
> thing.
>
> So I was wondering, are there some new requirements for building
> the current Gambas 3 over and above those which are used to build
> version 3.1.1?
>
> Richard

Live Security Virtual Conference
> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
> Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile security and the
> latest in malware threats.
> http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/

Hi Richard,
there's http://gambasdoc.org/help/install/mageia?v3 to know how to
build gambas3 on Mageia.
Two devel packages was missing: gsl-devel and qtwebkit-devel, now it
should be almost complete.
Let us know if something is missing.
Regards
- --