[Gambas-user] Window position error on applying stored "geometry"

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Sun Jun 3 17:15:25 CEST 2012

On 03/06/2012, Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> Le 03/06/2012 02:24, RICHARD WALKER a écrit :
>> The observant among you may be wondering why I did not use the Write
>> settings method. In fact I have used it but it causes a crash if the
>> program is closed when it is on the second monitor.
>
> If you have a crash, please give the details about it: do you have a
> Gambas error or a real crash. If you have a real crash, please follow
> the procedure described on the "Report a problem" page of the web site,
> and send me the stack backtrace of the crash.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

System information:
[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.2.16-0.rt27.1.mga2
Architecture=x86_64
Memory=4061372 kB
DistributionVendor="Mageia"
DistributionRelease="Mageia Cauldron" ----> actually Mageia 2 Release
Desktop=LXDE

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.1.1
Path=/usr/bin/gbx3

The attached mini-prog will demonstrate the problem. The archive
includes typical safe and crashed settings conf files and a copy of
the console error message when it crashes.

To produce the error you must have a desktop spread across at least
two monitors. The instructions are in the program.

I have just installed gdb and DDD (data display debugger gui for gdb)
so I will take a few hours to figure out how to use these tools and
see if I can produce the backtrace suggested in the console error
message.

Richard