[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 on Website Server

Wed Dec 5 18:07:08 CET 2012

Am 05.12.2012 17:26, schrieb Tobias Boege:

>> Just found it's 8.04, do you know if Gambas 3 will compile there anyway?
>>
>> Rolf
>>

> I remade our school's computer cabinet which ran 8.04, too, during summer
> holidays because the software repositories are finally down for that LTS
> (server) version - IIRC, the ubuntu users must help me out here.
>
> Almost everything was too old there to install gambas3 from source (packages
> didn't exist, of course) and couldn't be upgraded. If it is _at all_
> possible to build all the dependencies for gambas3, you'd have to do it from
> the packages' sources and I'm sure it will be a pain.
>
> This is the conclusion I came to make. Maybe there are other ways but I
> couldn't see them.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Yes, but on our website? I think this would be too dangerous to me,
maybe not even possible, as it's a virtual server. I guess I would have
to order another/new server and pull everything over there. Too much
hazzle. I don't see the point. For my little cgi-script Gambas2 will
suffice.

Regards

Rolf